Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu July 12, 2012
Nicholls business dean named president of LCPA
The business dean at Nicholls State University is now the president of the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants for 2012-2013.
Shawn Mauldin received the group's 2005 lifetime award for achievement in accounting information, and is a past president of its south central chapter. The LCPA has 6,300 members statewide.
Mauldin has bachelor's and master's degrees in business administration with an emphasis in accounting from Nicholls State and a doctorate in accounting from the University of Mississippi.