Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Thu May 17, 2012
NewFound Road On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu January 24, 2013 8:53 am
One of the biggest young bluegrass acts of the new millennium, NewFound Road makes its first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of West Virginia Wesleyan College.
Led by singer Tim Shelton, along with banjo player and vocalist Josh Miller — as well as brothers Jamey and Joe Booher on bass and mandolin — NewFound Road roots itself in the traditional tones of its predecessors while occasionally dipping into folk, pop and R&B for inspiration. That sensibility is reflected in this set, which includes a straight-ahead bluegrass cover of Jackson Browne's "These Days" and a soulful reworking of Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine."
This Mountain Stage performance was originally published on May 17, 2012.