Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue June 19, 2012
New Zealand Couple Spends $80,000 On Bucket List
Originally published on Tue June 19, 2012 8:48 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A New Zealand couple received shattering news. The husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer. So they made a list of things to do before he died, which is how they spent $80,000 on food and travel. Then, according to the New Zealand Herald, their bad news turned good. The diagnosis was wrong. He's not about to die. But the good news is also bad news, because they're now broke. At least they got trips to Australia and Fiji. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.