Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Features
Thu October 15, 2009
New York Times Bestselling Author Robert Hicks New Novel "A Separate Country"
By Fred Kasten
New Orleans – Writer Robert Hicks burst onto the national literary scene in 2005 - when his first novel - "The Widow of the South" - garnered great reviews - and hit the New York Times bestseller list just a week after publication. Robert Hicks second novel - "A Separate Country" - which is set in post-Civil War New Orleans - is just out - and is also receiving widespread critical acclaim. WWNO's Fred Kasten picks up the story...
To find out more about Robert Hicks - and "A Separate Country" - click here .