Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
University of New Orleans
Fri December 9, 2011
New UNO President Selected
The University of New Orleans has a new president, selected by the University of Louisiana Board of Supervisors from UNO's own community.
Board members meeting in Baton Rouge announced that Peter Fos will be the new president. Fos graduated from UNO in 1972. He's currently program director for health policy and systems management at the LSU Health Sciences Center. Fos says there are two items on his immediate to-do list.
"Meet all the different groups and set up communication links that happen all the time, not just when there's a crisis. And then I need to connect up with the business community - because they want UNO to succeed and see where UNO can help them and how they can help UNO."
The runner-up was Michael Wartell, chancellor of Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne. Fos says he wants to strengthen UNO's brand in the community and increase enrollment.