Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Sun May 13, 2012
New Orleans woman accused of stealing from bank
A 50-year-old New Orleans woman has been charged with bank theft for allegedly embezzling thousands of dollars from her employer.
U.S. Attorney Jim Letten said Friday that Karen Sork was charged in a one-count Bill of Information. According to the document, Sork worked at a Whitney Bank branch and stole about $56,299 from the bank. Authorities say the money was used for her personal use and benefit.
If convicted, Sork faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. She also could be ordered to pay restitution and up to three years of supervised release following any jail time.