Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Mon November 28, 2011
New Orleans Unveils 10-Year Homeless Plan
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Mayor Landrieu was joined at the announcement by representatives of three federal agencies. He says other partners in the plan include Greater New Orleans Incorporated and the Downtown Development District.
"We've tried a lot of things, but the ones where we have had success always include the same thing - which is partnerships between the private sector and the public sector with a lot of involvement from the faith-based community, the not-for-profits and the philanthropic community."
Landrieu says the plan is aimed at helping the chronically homeless and preventing families and veterans from living on the streets. Meantime, the city has activated its freeze plan tonight, offering shelter at no cost while temperatures dip to near-freezing levels.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming