Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
WWNO News Reports
Sat November 20, 2010
New Orleans Under Order To Boil Water
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – A power outage triggered a drop in water pressure overnight. Officials say water quality has NOT been affected, but they are advising people to boil water for at least one minute to kill bacteria. It's the most widespread order to boil public water since Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Most of the city is affected, including the French Quarter. The order will stay in place until the state health department gets normal results in water-quality tests.
For NPR News, I'm Eileen Fleming in New Orleans.