Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue September 4, 2012
New Orleans substation outage affects thousands
As Entergy New Orleans works to restore power after Hurricane Isaac, an outage at a substation Tuesday is affecting nearly 11,000 customers in the city.
The outage happened about 3:30 p.m. and is affecting the Central Business District and the Mid-City and Uptown neighborhoods.
Before the failure, WWL-TV says Entergy reported the number of customers without power in Orleans Parish at about 5,000.
Entergy told WWL-AM they are trying to reroute power through another substation, but does not yet have an estimate of when the new outages will be restored.