Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue September 4, 2012
New Orleans substation outage affects thousands
As Entergy New Orleans works to restore power after Hurricane Isaac, an outage at a substation Tuesday is affecting nearly 11,000 customers in the city.
The outage happened about 3:30 p.m. and is affecting the Central Business District and the Mid-City and Uptown neighborhoods.
Before the failure, WWL-TV says Entergy reported the number of customers without power in Orleans Parish at about 5,000.
Entergy told WWL-AM they are trying to reroute power through another substation, but does not yet have an estimate of when the new outages will be restored.