Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue September 4, 2012
New Orleans substation outage affects thousands
As Entergy New Orleans works to restore power after Hurricane Isaac, an outage at a substation Tuesday is affecting nearly 11,000 customers in the city.
The outage happened about 3:30 p.m. and is affecting the Central Business District and the Mid-City and Uptown neighborhoods.
Before the failure, WWL-TV says Entergy reported the number of customers without power in Orleans Parish at about 5,000.
Entergy told WWL-AM they are trying to reroute power through another substation, but does not yet have an estimate of when the new outages will be restored.