Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Tue September 4, 2012
New Orleans substation outage affects thousands
As Entergy New Orleans works to restore power after Hurricane Isaac, an outage at a substation Tuesday is affecting nearly 11,000 customers in the city.
The outage happened about 3:30 p.m. and is affecting the Central Business District and the Mid-City and Uptown neighborhoods.
Before the failure, WWL-TV says Entergy reported the number of customers without power in Orleans Parish at about 5,000.
Entergy told WWL-AM they are trying to reroute power through another substation, but does not yet have an estimate of when the new outages will be restored.