Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
WWNO News Features
Wed September 23, 2009
New Orleans Shrimper Ray Brandhurst
By Fred Kasten
New Orleans – These are troubled times for Louisiana shrimpers. After decades of losing market share to inferior - but cheaper - imports - came the double-whammy of Katrina and Rita - followed by an unprecedented decline in the price for shrimp this season. WWNO's Fred Kasten recently sat down with veteran New Orleans shrimper Ray Brandhurst to talk about prospects for Louisiana's wild caught shrimp fleet...
For additional information on the Louisiana Hospitality Foundation sponsored dinner to help cover the cost of Ray Brandhurst's cancer treatments - click here .
To find out more about the 3rd Annual New Orleans Seafood Festival - click here .