Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Features
Wed September 23, 2009
New Orleans Shrimper Ray Brandhurst
By Fred Kasten
New Orleans – These are troubled times for Louisiana shrimpers. After decades of losing market share to inferior - but cheaper - imports - came the double-whammy of Katrina and Rita - followed by an unprecedented decline in the price for shrimp this season. WWNO's Fred Kasten recently sat down with veteran New Orleans shrimper Ray Brandhurst to talk about prospects for Louisiana's wild caught shrimp fleet...
For additional information on the Louisiana Hospitality Foundation sponsored dinner to help cover the cost of Ray Brandhurst's cancer treatments - click here .
To find out more about the 3rd Annual New Orleans Seafood Festival - click here .