Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue February 21, 2012
New Orleans Ready for Fat Tuesday
Hundreds of thousands of people are jamming the streets of New Orleans as Mardi Gras builds to Fat Tuesday celebrations. Rainy conditions haven’t stopped the party.
A weekend downpour rescheduled some of the major parades, but revelers continue to crowd the routes throughout New Orleans. Police have been enforcing a new 8 p.m. curfew in the French Quarter for those 16 years old and under who aren’t accompanied by adults. The annual celebration builds to an all-day street party ending in the French Quarter at midnight, marking Ash Wednesday and the start of fasting and penitence of Lent in the Christian calendar.