Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Sat April 28, 2012
New Orleans police to hold gun buyback in May
The New Orleans Police crime prevention unit will be buying guns from residents — no questions asked — on May 12.
Police will pay $75 cash for handguns and $200 cash for assault rifles. The weapons can be new or old. Damaged guns will also be accepted.
Those looking to get rid of guns are advised to bring them unloaded and in a bag or container to the event. Police ask that people don't handle the weapons at the event and bring ammunition in separate containers.