Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed October 23, 2013
New Orleans Police To Conduct Sobriety Checkpoint Thursday Night
The New Orleans Police Department will conduct a sobriety checkpoint Thursday night, the department announced in a press release this afternoon.
The department's traffic division will conduct the checkpoint in an undisclosed location within the city beginning at approximately 9:00 p.m. on Oct. 24, 2013. The checkpoint will conclude at about 5:00 a.m. Friday morning.
Drivers are advised to have proper documentation on them, including proof of insurance and a valid driver's license. Police say motorists should experience only minimal delays.
"I would like to remind all drivers to always drink responsibly and use a designated driver if you are going to consume alcohol," said NOPD Superintendent Ronal Serpas in the release.
The NOPD is required by the Louisiana Supreme Court to make public announcements of sobriety checkpoints, though not their location.