Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Thu December 12, 2013
New Orleans Police To Conduct Friday Night Sobriety Checkpoint
The New Orleans Police Department's Traffic Division will conduct a sobriety checkpoint Friday night, department spokesman Garry Flot said in a press release.
The checkpoint will begin at approximately 9:00 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13, and will last until approximately 5:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Motorists are advised to have proper documentation with them, including proof of insurance and a driver's license.
Checkpoint locations are no longer released by the NOPD ahead of time, but the department is required to notify the public of an impending checkpoint by the state Supreme Court. The checkpoint may be located anywhere in Orleans Parish.
"I would like to remind all drivers to always drink responsibly and use a designated driver," NOPD Superintendent Ronal Serpas was quoted as saying.