Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu December 12, 2013
New Orleans Police To Conduct Friday Night Sobriety Checkpoint
The New Orleans Police Department's Traffic Division will conduct a sobriety checkpoint Friday night, department spokesman Garry Flot said in a press release.
The checkpoint will begin at approximately 9:00 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13, and will last until approximately 5:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Motorists are advised to have proper documentation with them, including proof of insurance and a driver's license.
Checkpoint locations are no longer released by the NOPD ahead of time, but the department is required to notify the public of an impending checkpoint by the state Supreme Court. The checkpoint may be located anywhere in Orleans Parish.
"I would like to remind all drivers to always drink responsibly and use a designated driver," NOPD Superintendent Ronal Serpas was quoted as saying.