Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Thu November 7, 2013
New Orleans 'One App' Now Includes Selective Public Schools
New Orleans parents with children in public schools already have to think about where they will send their students next year. That's because it's time to fill out the One App.
Short for "one application," the One App is a streamlined process for admissions at 74 New Orleans public schools. Parents and students can list up to eight schools they'd prefer to attend.
The application deadline is December 20 for the schools with selective criteria, which are new to the One App system. But not all selective schools are yet included in the One App.
Aesha Rasheed with New Orleans Parents Guide talked with Diane Mack about the One App process and deadlines.
The Hechinger Report
Homer Plessy: Pre-K Program