Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Arts & Culture
Sun December 11, 2011
New Orleans Noir: Private Chick
The first play in the New Orleans Noir world premiere broadcast is Private Chick by Julie Smith, a former journalist and the author of 20 mysteries featuring three female sleuths and one neglected guy. Private Chick is read by local actors James Bartelle, Kerry Cahill, Andrew Farrier, Vatican Lokey, Mathew Mickal, and Mandy Zirkenbach. Stay tuned after the play for a short interview with the playwright.
New Orleans Noir live radio plays were commissioned and produced in a collaboration between Southern Rep and WWNO, with generous support from the Louisiana Cultural Economy Foundation. The live performance of New Orleans Noir was directed by Southern Rep Artistic Director Aimee Hayes, with foley artist Sarah Zoghbi.