Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Fri July 20, 2012
New Orleans man gets prison for attempted bank robbery
A New Orleans man has been sentenced to more than four years in prison for trying to rob a bank.
U.S. District Judge Jane Triche-Milazzo also on Thursday sentenced 50-year-old Calvin Johnson to three years of supervised release after his 52-month prison term.
Johnson pleaded guilty in April to attempted robbery of a Capital One bank branch on Canal Street in New Orleans on Oct. 18, 2011.
Prosecutors say Johnson tried to hand a note demanding money to a teller who refused to accept it. He fled the bank without receiving any money.