Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri September 7, 2012
New Orleans man gets prison for armed bank robbery
A New Orleans man who pleaded guilty to robbing a bank at gunpoint has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison.
U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman on Wednesday sentenced 30-year-old Khadafi Chico Degruy to 85 months in prison and ordered him to pay more than $9,500 in restitution to First Bank & Trust.
Degruy pleaded guilty in May to robbing one of the bank's branches, in the Algiers neighborhood of New Orleans.
BP Oil Spill