Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
New Orleans East
Mon January 14, 2013
New Orleans East Groundbreaking Heralds Return of Hospital
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu and Archbishop Gregory Aymond are among the dignitaries set to take part in the groundbreaking for a facility aimed at bringing full hospital service back to the New Orleans East area.
The $130 million project is to be constructed on the site of the former Pendleton Memorial Methodist Hospital.
Friday's ceremony, which had been re-set after a pre-holiday postponement, marks the pending return of a full-service hospital to an area hard-hit by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
Landrieu said in October that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development had paved the way for construction by agreeing to insure a $97.6 million loan for the hospital.