Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri December 14, 2012
New Orleans DWI Checkpoint Tonight
New Orleans police will conduct a sobriety checkpoint "in Orleans Parish" tonight, the department said in a press release.
The NOPD Traffic Division will begin the checkpoint at approximately 9 p.m., and conclude it at approximately 5 a.m. Saturday morning, said Officer Frank Robertson, III. Drivers are advised they will experience minimal delays, and are reminded to have proper documentation on them, including proof of insurance and a driver's license.
The NOPD is required to issue notifications regarding sobriety checkpoints by the Louisiana Supreme Court.
"I would like to remind all drivers to always drink responsibly and use a designated driver," NOPD Superintendent Ronal Serpas said in the press release.