Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Fri December 14, 2012
New Orleans DWI Checkpoint Tonight
New Orleans police will conduct a sobriety checkpoint "in Orleans Parish" tonight, the department said in a press release.
The NOPD Traffic Division will begin the checkpoint at approximately 9 p.m., and conclude it at approximately 5 a.m. Saturday morning, said Officer Frank Robertson, III. Drivers are advised they will experience minimal delays, and are reminded to have proper documentation on them, including proof of insurance and a driver's license.
The NOPD is required to issue notifications regarding sobriety checkpoints by the Louisiana Supreme Court.
"I would like to remind all drivers to always drink responsibly and use a designated driver," NOPD Superintendent Ronal Serpas said in the press release.