Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Sun January 29, 2012
New Orleans Comic Con Wraps Up Super Weekend
Thousands of fans of all shapes, sizes, colors and alien species packed the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center this weekend for the 2012 Wizard World Comic Con.
We dropped by to capture some of the sights in this slideshow, and to find out what keeps these superfans so engaged. For some it’s love of the art and stories, while for others, such as the Louisiana Ghostbusters—a fan group modeled off the popular movie franchise—it’s a chance to give back to the community.
“We’re spreading the word that comics are still relevant,” said Ronnie Prudhomme, Jr., owner of Media Underground Comics in Metairie. “It’s a love affair.”