Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
New Orleans Business Alliance
Wed September 12, 2012
New Orleans business group gets $1 million grant
The New Orleans Business Alliance is receiving a $1 million Economic Development Administration grant to help fund the development and implementation of a strategic plan to boost business and job growth in the city.
The grant was announced Monday by acting U.S. Commerce Secretary Rebecca Blank.
The Advocate reports the grant will be used by the Alliance to identify ways to support existing businesses and attract new ones to the region and to develop a strategic five-year economic development plan for the city of New Orleans.
The study will help the New Orleans Business Alliance identify top sectors and opportunities for long-term job growth.