Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri August 31, 2012
New Orleans airport reopens
Entergy has restored power to the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, clearing the way for flights to begin arriving.
Officials say the airport reopened early Friday morning and flights were set to begin arriving by midmorning.
The airport, which handles more than 250 flights a day, took a beating from Hurricane Isaac, suffering damage to the roof of its terminal, and water covered at least one runway.