Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri August 31, 2012
New Orleans airport reopens
Entergy has restored power to the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, clearing the way for flights to begin arriving.
Officials say the airport reopened early Friday morning and flights were set to begin arriving by midmorning.
The airport, which handles more than 250 flights a day, took a beating from Hurricane Isaac, suffering damage to the roof of its terminal, and water covered at least one runway.