Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Features
Tue February 22, 2011
New Orleanians' Spending Impacts Region
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, Louisiana – The economy of Southeast Louisiana was rattled by last year's oil disaster, and it's not just the fishing and oil industries feeling the economic pinch. As money stops flowing into the businesses most directly impacted by the spill, economic hardship filters into some unexpected places. Eve Abrams learned that how New Orleanians spend -- or don't spend -- their money has a big effect on the regional economy.