Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu January 10, 2013
New Lafourche Parish Administrator Approved
Lafourche Parish has a new administrator two months after ousting its previous administrator.
The Courier reports the Parish Council approved President Charlotte Randolph's appointment of Archie Chaisson III at its first meeting of the year Tuesday.
The position is the parish's top executive under Randolph. The administrator oversees grants, contracts, personnel and paying for projects.
Chaisson has worked as the parish's coastal zone manager since 2011.
Randolph said Chaisson will balance some of his coastal zone manager duties with the new position.
Crystal Chiasson, the previous administrator, was ousted in November when voters approved a new law requiring that the administrator live in Lafourche. She is an Assumption Parish resident.
BP Oil Spill