Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Tue March 13, 2012
Need Fast Cash? Beware Of Triple Digit Interest
Payday loan companies promise you fast cash before your next paycheck. It may seem like a good idea, but a small loan can lead to high interest rates and mountains of debt. Guest host Allison Keyes talks with Washington Post columnist Petula Dvorak who reported on how one man's $1,500 loan could have ended up costing him $18,000.