Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
NBA All-Star Game
Tue April 17, 2012
NBA Awards 2014 All-Star Game to New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The NBA is awarding New Orleans the 2014 All-Star game, now that Saints owner Tom Benson has agreed to buy the Hornets and sign a lease extension at New Orleans Arena.
NBA Commissioner David Stern, who made the announcement in New Orleans with Benson and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Monday afternoon, says the All-Star game is a reward to the city and state for efforts to secure the Hornets' long-term future in Louisiana.
Stern had already pledged that New Orleans would get an All-Star game once a new owner and lease extension were in place. Because of potential conflicts with Mardi Gras in 2015 and 2016, awarding the game in 2014 made the most sense.
The 2013 game will be played in Houston.