Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri August 31, 2012
National Guard opened sites for supply distribution
The Louisiana National Guard has been managing distribution sites in key areas affected by Hurricane Isaac.
The first round of sites opened this morning at 8 a.m in Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. John the Baptist, St. Bernard, Jefferson, St. James, Plaquemines, Orleans and Iberville parishes.
The sites have been stocked with Meals Ready to Eat, water and ice. In some locations, tarps are available.
The National guard and other state agencies will work with parish officials to determine if, and where, the distribution sites are needed based on the severity of damage to the community and availability of supplies from local businesses.
Parish officials have been announcing the distribution locations as they have opened.
Power Outage Map