Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Mon August 13, 2012
National GOP nixes Ron Paul claim to Louisiana delegates
The national Republican Party is supporting the Louisiana state party over supporters of Ron Paul in a dispute over the delegation to represent the state at the national convention in Tampa.
The Times-Picayune reports that the Republican National Committee's Committee on Contests affirmed state party chairman Roger Villere's conduct of the state convention in Shreveport. It released its decision late Friday in Washington, D.C.
Charlie Davis, who led Paul's campaign in Louisiana, says he's looking forward to presenting their case on appeal in Tampa. They contend that the state party made illegal last-minute rule changes to thwart a Ron Paul majority elected in congressional district caucuses in April.
Paul delegates wound up holding a separate convention.
Villere says the Committee on Contests was their best chance.