Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed January 16, 2013
Mucca Pazza: globalFEST 2013
Originally published on Wed July 9, 2014 10:50 am
The circus came to GlobalFEST in the form of Chicago's Mucca Pazza, a group of 30 clowns who could barely be contained in the cavernous ballroom at New York City's Webster Hall. Wearing mismatched, thrift-shop marching-band getups and sporting a full range of brass, drums, violin, accordion and electric guitar — plus a gaggle of nerdy cheerleaders ("I Heart A Scientist," proclaimed one's T-shirt) — Mucca Pazza wreaks visual havoc onstage. But here's the surprise: It also puts on an incredibly tight performance, with music that's an irresistible blend of punk DIY aesthetics, a Balkan brass lilt and the irrepressible energy of good old-fashioned American high-school marching bands.
- "Boss Taurus"
- "Sexy Bull"
- "Touch The Police"
- "Cheer: You Have The Right"
- "Rabbits And Trees"
- "Borino Oro"
- "St. Fresca's Regret"
- "Cheer: Verbs"
- "Tube Sock Tango"
- "Nod To Magoo"
Producers: Mito Habe-Evans, Anastasia Tsioulcas; Videographers: Christopher Parks, A.J. Wilhelm; Audio Engineer: Kevin Wait; Video Editor/Assistant Producer: Denise DeBelius; Special Thanks to: Webster Hall, globalFEST 2013; Executive Producers: Anya Grundmann, Keith Jenkins.