Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Mon August 13, 2012
Mother, daughter accused in fire death
New Orleans police accuse a 53-year-old woman and her daughter of plotting to burn a 57-year-old woman to death.
Police say they arrested Alice Wright last week on a charge of second-degree murder, and have a warrant to arrest 23-year-old Tytesha Wright once she is out of a burn unit in Baton Rouge.
They're accused in the death of Cynthia Houston, who died in her home Aug. 3 from fourth-degree burns and smoke inhalation.
Police say Tytesha Wright helped care for Houston, who had medical problems.
According to a police news release, Tytesha Wright allegedly told police she had stolen from Houston but denied setting the fire. She allegedly said the fire started after she used a stun gun on a drug dealer.
She's being treated for third-degree burns.