Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Mon August 13, 2012
Mother, daughter accused in fire death
New Orleans police accuse a 53-year-old woman and her daughter of plotting to burn a 57-year-old woman to death.
Police say they arrested Alice Wright last week on a charge of second-degree murder, and have a warrant to arrest 23-year-old Tytesha Wright once she is out of a burn unit in Baton Rouge.
They're accused in the death of Cynthia Houston, who died in her home Aug. 3 from fourth-degree burns and smoke inhalation.
Police say Tytesha Wright helped care for Houston, who had medical problems.
According to a police news release, Tytesha Wright allegedly told police she had stolen from Houston but denied setting the fire. She allegedly said the fire started after she used a stun gun on a drug dealer.
She's being treated for third-degree burns.