Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed September 26, 2012
Morgan City disaster center to close Friday
St. Mary Parish residents affected by Hurricane Isaac have just a few days left to visit the State/FEMA Disaster Recovery Center in Morgan City.
The center, located at 728 Myrtle Street, will close at 6 p.m. Friday.
Recovery centers have opened in several affected parishes to help homeowners, renters and business owners who sustained uninsured or underinsured losses to their property as a result of the storm.
Federal officials say although the center is closing, residents can contact FEMA online at www.disasterassistance.gov or via a toll-free phone line, 1-800-621-3362, that will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
Pass Manchac Lighthouse