Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Sun September 9, 2012
More parishes added to Isaac aid program
Workers and self-employed individuals in Iberville and St. Mary parishes have been approved to receive disaster unemployment because of Hurricane Isaac.
Officials of the Louisiana Workforce Commission said the following parishes are now eligible for the program.
— Assumption, Iberville, St Helena, St James, St. Mary, Terrebonne and Washington, deadline to file Oct. 8.
— St. Charles and Tangipahoa, deadline to file Oct. 5.
— Ascension, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. John the Baptist and St. Tammany, deadline to file Oct. 2.
The program is federally funded and administered by the Workforce Commission. Claims may be filed online at www.laworks.net. People without internet access can call the commission at 866-783-5567.