Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sun September 9, 2012
More parishes added to Isaac aid program
Workers and self-employed individuals in Iberville and St. Mary parishes have been approved to receive disaster unemployment because of Hurricane Isaac.
Officials of the Louisiana Workforce Commission said the following parishes are now eligible for the program.
— Assumption, Iberville, St Helena, St James, St. Mary, Terrebonne and Washington, deadline to file Oct. 8.
— St. Charles and Tangipahoa, deadline to file Oct. 5.
— Ascension, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. John the Baptist and St. Tammany, deadline to file Oct. 2.
The program is federally funded and administered by the Workforce Commission. Claims may be filed online at www.laworks.net. People without internet access can call the commission at 866-783-5567.