Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Sun September 9, 2012
More parishes added to Isaac aid program
Workers and self-employed individuals in Iberville and St. Mary parishes have been approved to receive disaster unemployment because of Hurricane Isaac.
Officials of the Louisiana Workforce Commission said the following parishes are now eligible for the program.
— Assumption, Iberville, St Helena, St James, St. Mary, Terrebonne and Washington, deadline to file Oct. 8.
— St. Charles and Tangipahoa, deadline to file Oct. 5.
— Ascension, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. John the Baptist and St. Tammany, deadline to file Oct. 2.
The program is federally funded and administered by the Workforce Commission. Claims may be filed online at www.laworks.net. People without internet access can call the commission at 866-783-5567.