Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Mon July 28, 2014
MONDAY: LSU Faculty Senate President Kevin Cope; and LSU Museum of Art Curator Katy Pfohl
LSU Faculty Senate President, and the always well informed and loquacious Kevin Cope joins Jim today in the studio for the majority of the show to discuss financial matters concerning LSU and the LSU Faculty. He and Jim discuss the 3% pay raise for the LSU faculty members, how the school was able to find space in the budget for it, and what it means for Louisiana's higher education which has faced budget cuts in the past decade. They as well cover a plethora of other topics including a new smoke-free LSU campus, LSU Baseball, Vladimir Putin, and the San Diego Chargers, as well as much, much more.
Also, newly appointed Curator of the LSU Museum of Art, Katy Pfohl, joins Jim in studio to close out today's show and to promote the upcoming art exhibit "LeRoy Neiman:Action!" Considered the most important and inspiring sports artist of the twentieth century, LeRoy Neiman's artwork displays athletes in their element: whether that be Shaquille O'neal dunking or Tony La Russa coaching in the dugout. The exhibit begins July 31st and runs through February 15th.