Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Tue July 10, 2012
Missing student case to be taken up by grand jury
Officials say a grand jury next week will consider the case involving the man accused of kidnapping and murdering college student Mickey Shunick.
Lafayette Parish District Attorney Mike Harson told the Associated Press Tuesday that Brandon Scott Lavergne's case will be considered by a grand jury July 18.
Lavergne was arrested Thursday and is being held without bail at the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center.
Shunick, a student at the University of Louisiana-Lafayette, vanished May 19, just days before her 22nd birthday. She was last seen riding away from a friend's house on her bicycle.
Investigators say the white pickup truck linked to her disappearance is registered to Lavergne. They say that they can place Lavergne in and around the location where her bike was later found.