Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri July 12, 2013
Micro-Garden Madness: You Showed Us Your Stuff
Originally published on Tue July 16, 2013 9:30 am
Earlier this week, we told you about some of the people who are trying to make micro-gardening go big — by sharing their DIY tips and selling products designed to make gardening in a small space a piece of cake. Many readers of The Salt let us know they were all for it.
As KL Gamble wrote on Facebook, "Maybe it's time to bring back victory gardens — even if on a smaller scale," referring to the gardens the government encouraged citizens to plant to supplement their dinner plate during World War I and World War II.
It turns out plenty of readers of The Salt are already micro-gardening with some impressive DIY chutzpah. We've chosen a few of our favorite images of micro-gardens from around the country that make the most of small spaces and idle containers.