Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri September 21, 2012
Metairie man linked to fatal overdose gets prison
A Metairie man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for drug convictions stemming from a 21-year-old man's fatal heroin overdose in 2008.
Federal prosecutors say 32-year-old Matthew Olvany was the source of the heroin that Zachary James Mosier ingested on the day he died.
Olvany, who was sentenced Thursday by U.S. District Judge Mary Ann Vial Lemmon, pleaded guilty in January 2010 to drug charges.