Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri September 21, 2012
Metairie man linked to fatal overdose gets prison
A Metairie man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for drug convictions stemming from a 21-year-old man's fatal heroin overdose in 2008.
Federal prosecutors say 32-year-old Matthew Olvany was the source of the heroin that Zachary James Mosier ingested on the day he died.
Olvany, who was sentenced Thursday by U.S. District Judge Mary Ann Vial Lemmon, pleaded guilty in January 2010 to drug charges.