Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri September 14, 2012
Metairie man booked on solicitation of a juvenile
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputies have accused a Metairie man of sending sexually inappropriate messages to an undercover detective posing as a 14-year-old girl.
Sheriff's office spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks tells The Advocate 26-year-old Michael Stafford communicated in July via the internet, cellphone and text message with whom he believed to be a teenage girl.
During the communication, Hicks says Stafford sent lewd or lascivious text messages to the person who turned out to be an undercover sheriff's detective posing as the girl.
Stafford was booked Thursday on one count each of indecent behavior with a juvenile and computer aided solicitation of a minor.
It was unclear whether Stafford has an attorney.