Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri September 14, 2012
Metairie man booked on solicitation of a juvenile
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputies have accused a Metairie man of sending sexually inappropriate messages to an undercover detective posing as a 14-year-old girl.
Sheriff's office spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks tells The Advocate 26-year-old Michael Stafford communicated in July via the internet, cellphone and text message with whom he believed to be a teenage girl.
During the communication, Hicks says Stafford sent lewd or lascivious text messages to the person who turned out to be an undercover sheriff's detective posing as the girl.
Stafford was booked Thursday on one count each of indecent behavior with a juvenile and computer aided solicitation of a minor.
It was unclear whether Stafford has an attorney.