Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue July 17, 2012
Mayor's son arrested on DWI charge
A teenage son of New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu has been arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
A spokeswoman for the New Orleans Police Department says 19-year-old Benjamin Landrieu was arrested early Tuesday. He was booked into the city's jail on charges that also include reckless operation of a vehicle.
The mayor said in a statement that his loves his son but there will be legal consequences for his actions in the courtroom and "family discussions in our living room." Mitch Landrieu also said his son will be treated "just as any other citizen."
The mayor was scheduled to hold a press briefing Tuesday to discuss an initiative designed to crack down on nuisance bars.