Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sat February 1, 2014
Mayor Landrieu Wins Re-election
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu has been re-elected. An early commanding lead never faltered.
About an hour after polls closed, Mayor Landrieu began his acceptance speech to hundreds of supporters.
He acknowledged his two fellow Democratic opponents, and he gave a nod to their criticism that the city’s recovery from Hurricane Katrina has not reached the entire community.
“We have big challenges all around us. We have crime. We have unemployment; families and communities that face deep struggles," Landrieu said. "But we cannot lose heart, and we cannot leave anybody behind.”
Landrieu is limited to two terms. When this second one expires, New Orleans will be marking its 300th anniversary.