Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Sat September 3, 2011
Mayor Landrieu Says More Tropical Storm Lee On The Way
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu says gusting wind and rain is expected to continue through the weekend.
"We're not out of the woods. Don't go to sleep on this storm. This storm is moving very slowly. The intensity of it is still there, and the wind and the water can still cause great damage." :12
Power company officials say the worst weather could come on Monday morning. Tropical storm warnings are in effect from the Florida Panhandle to Texas, along with several tornado warnings.
For NPR News, I'm Eileen Fleming in New Orleans.