Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
WWNO News Reports
Tue November 1, 2011
Mayor Landrieu Decries Halloween Shootings
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – The fatal shootings include one on Bourbon Street in the famed historic district and another on nearby Canal Street. Mayor Landrieu says the attacks involve armed youths arguing with each other.
"It really was not tourism centered, notwithstanding the fact that it happened where there were a number of tourists."
The Department of Justice says New Orleans' murder rate is 10 times the national average. Officials say they'll continue focusing on getting guns off the streets and asking the community to cooperate with law enforcement.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.