Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon May 13, 2013
Mayor Landrieu Calls For Witnesses To Second-Line Shooting
New Orleans police are investigating what triggered a shooting that injured 19 people at a Mother’s Day parade. Two children are among the wounded.
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu is asking witnesses to the mid-day shooting to come forward.
About 200 people were in the end of the parade when shots were fired from at least two weapons. Three men were then seen running away.
Landrieu met with some of the victims at an area hospital.
He later mentioned to reporters that 15 suspected gang members were indicted last week, but it was too soon to determine a motive for the Sunday shooting.
Ten men, seven women and a 10-year-old boy and 10-year-old girl were hurt, though none of the injuries are considered life-threatening.