Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon May 13, 2013
Mayor Landrieu Calls 'Community Response' At Site Of Mother's Day Shooting
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu has called for a "community response" gathering today at 6 p.m., at the corner of Frenchmen Street and North Villere. It's a response to the multiple shooting Sunday afternoon during a Mother's Day second-line parade that injured at least 19 people.
"On Sunday afternoon — Mother's Day — our community was subjected to another senseless act of violence," the mayor said in a press release. "Please come out and show solidarity in protecting our culture and delivering a message to stop the shootings."
Police are searching for suspects who opening fire during the parade. At least two people remain hospitalized with critical injuries, according to news reports, though no one has been reported killed due to the incident.