Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Sat September 17, 2011
New Orleans, LA – As the anniversary of the sixteen-year revival of farmers marketing in the Greater New Orleans region nears, there is plenty of evidence that movement is still afoot. New markets are springing up in adjacent parishes - like the St. Bernard Fishers and Farmers Market in Arabi and a proposed West Jefferson market in Harahan. This means that impromptu town squares are adding value to the quality of life throughout the region. Markets are on the move too! The Ninth Ward's Sankofa Farmers Market turns one-year-old this autumn. Please take note, it has recently moved locations to the corner of St. Claude Avenue and Gallier Street (at Holy Angels). Other markets have operated on this location before so shoppers may easily find Sankofa. Back in the mid-1990s, it was inconceivable that this much choice would in sue. Today, we have a dozen weekly farmers markets from which to choose in New Orleans and its surrounding parishes. For a full listing, log onto wwno dot org. For the Farmers Market Minute, this is Richard McCarthy.