Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Fri February 1, 2013
Marilyn McCoo And Billy Davis Jr. On 'Song Travels'
Originally published on Fri February 1, 2013 1:18 pm
Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. met as members of the iconic '60s R&B/pop group The Fifth Dimension, whose hits included "Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In" and "One Less Bell to Answer." Married in 1969, they went on to perform as a successful duo and host their own television show in the '70s.
Together, they've won seven Grammy Awards and sold millions of records. Their 2007 album The Many Faces of Love was released on their own label, and features some of the pair's favorites from the '60s and '70s.
After more than 40 years of marriage and creative collaboration, their love, mutual respect and music are still going strong. On this edition of Song Travels, Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. share the story of their love and partnership. Musical highlights include portions of their favorite hits, as well as in-studio performances with host Michael Feinstein.