Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 22, 2015
Mon August 18, 2014
March Held In New Orleans Over Michael Brown Shooting In Missouri
More than 50 people marched two miles from Washington Square Park in the Marigny to a police station in protest of the shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown by Missouri police.
NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune reports yesterday's march was organized on social media by the New Orleans Anarchist Bookfair.
New Orleans police dispatched three officers on horseback. They stayed about a block away from marchers approaching the police station at North Robertson Street and North Claiborne Avenue.
Officer at the station remained behind locked doors and recorded videos of the protesters on cellphones.
Organizers called on the crowd to assemble at the site of the next New Orleans shooting that involves police.
Listening Post NOLA