Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue May 1, 2012
Marc Broussard On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Wed January 9, 2013 4:06 pm
Bayou soul singer Marc Broussard makes his first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live at the Cultural Center Theater in Charleston, W.V. Broussard was raised by a musical family in and around Lafayette, La., and still lives on the street where he grew up. His father, Ted Broussard, has been the guitarist for the Cajun band The Boogie Kings, and still occasionally appears on stage with his son when they play nearby.
Broussard's bayou roots permeate his powerful voice, as does the soul, funk and R&B with which he grew up. Here, he's joined onstage by his own band, which includes Al Gamble on the Hammond organ, Chad Gilmore on drums and Gibb Droll on lead guitar.
This Mountain Stage performance was originally published on May 1, 2012.