Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed August 29, 2012
Man with long arrest record accused of looting in Golden Meadow
Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre says a 32-year-old Golden Meadow man with a long arrest record is accused of looting.
He says deputies got a clear description of a man seen breaking into a vehicle and trying to break into a house in Golden Meadow, and went looking for Jeremy Rogers.
They found him Tuesday in a truck outside a store in Galliano. He got out and ran. Webre says he was arrested in Cut Off.
Webre says that since an emergency was declared because of Hurricane Isaac, Rogers was booked with looting, which carries a minimum sentence of three years in prison and a $5,000 fine. He says Rogers was also booked with simple criminal damage to property, attempted simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling and resisting an officer.