Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed August 29, 2012
Man with long arrest record accused of looting in Golden Meadow
Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre says a 32-year-old Golden Meadow man with a long arrest record is accused of looting.
He says deputies got a clear description of a man seen breaking into a vehicle and trying to break into a house in Golden Meadow, and went looking for Jeremy Rogers.
They found him Tuesday in a truck outside a store in Galliano. He got out and ran. Webre says he was arrested in Cut Off.
Webre says that since an emergency was declared because of Hurricane Isaac, Rogers was booked with looting, which carries a minimum sentence of three years in prison and a $5,000 fine. He says Rogers was also booked with simple criminal damage to property, attempted simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling and resisting an officer.