Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon January 28, 2013
Man Killed in Motorcycle Accident in New Orleans
Police say a 47-year-old New Orleans man was killed when the motorcycle he was riding struck an oak tree.
The accident happened around 5 p.m. Sunday.
Police say the man's identity has not been released pending notification of his family.
Officer Frank Robertson tells The Times-Picayune the victim was traveling northbound on Elysian Fields when he clipped a white SUV parked on the shoulder of the road.
Robertson said the man then lost control of his vehicle, hit the tree and flew through the air. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
WWNO News Reports