Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon January 28, 2013
Man Killed in Motorcycle Accident in New Orleans
Police say a 47-year-old New Orleans man was killed when the motorcycle he was riding struck an oak tree.
The accident happened around 5 p.m. Sunday.
Police say the man's identity has not been released pending notification of his family.
Officer Frank Robertson tells The Times-Picayune the victim was traveling northbound on Elysian Fields when he clipped a white SUV parked on the shoulder of the road.
Robertson said the man then lost control of his vehicle, hit the tree and flew through the air. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
WWNO News Reports