Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Mon January 28, 2013
Man Killed in Motorcycle Accident in New Orleans
Police say a 47-year-old New Orleans man was killed when the motorcycle he was riding struck an oak tree.
The accident happened around 5 p.m. Sunday.
Police say the man's identity has not been released pending notification of his family.
Officer Frank Robertson tells The Times-Picayune the victim was traveling northbound on Elysian Fields when he clipped a white SUV parked on the shoulder of the road.
Robertson said the man then lost control of his vehicle, hit the tree and flew through the air. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
WWNO News Reports